I had a great time speaking (and playing cartoon trivia).
The key thing I wanted to convey during my presentation: think about different ways to tell stories.
I always like to think: what is the best way to tell this story and how would I want to see it?
Is it visual? Would a photo gallery or video be appropriated?
Do I need to explain what is going on, meaning text would be the best way to tell the story.
Or is there something fun where I can make GIFs?
I didn’t touch on this during my talk, but think about different places to publish you stories. Where are your readers? Twitter? Instagram? Snapchat? Think of ways to tell stories there.
Here’s more information based off my talk:
How to make your own GIFs:
Some Michigan’s Best stories:
Here are some stories I have worked on for Michigan’s Best that use different forms of story telling:
- Michigan’s Best Taco: 5 GIFs show what you can do with a tortilla
- Meet the bakers who make Michigan’s Best Doughnuts
- All the pies we tried on Michigan’s Best Pizza.
- Our top 13 places to get a doughnut
And more serious stories:
- State of the State: 8 takeaways (and 4 GIFs) from Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder’s 2014 address
- In their own words (and GIFs): 6 key moments from Rick Snyder, Mark Schauer debate
- Michigan Delegation: Debbie Stabenow makes a pizza