DIGITAL CONTENT SPECIALIST, Bell’s Brewery, Inc., Comstock, Mich. — May 2015 thru present.
- Help manage social media accounts for the 7th largest craft brewery in America across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Create content, including photos, videos and blog posts, to share on social media account and for internal use.
- Focus on telling stories behind the beer, including videos that help explain the brands and behind the scenes content to help connect our customers with the brewery.
- Worked quickly to publish content in real time, including live videos.
- Implemented collaborative tools for planning social media and collaboration in the marketing team.
- Found creative ways to engage Bell’s fans as well as introduce the brand to new people, including social media campaigns and engaging with followers to share user generated content.
STATEWIDE BUZZ REPORTER, MLive Media Group, Lansing, Mich. — March 2013 thru May 2015.
- Reported news with text, photos and video, as well as innovative story forms such as interactive databases, maps and slideshows.
- Managed social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Helped coordinate statewide news coverage with 10 offices across Michigan, including a year-long project honoring living World War II veterans.
- Wrote several stories a day on a wide range of topics, including Michigan’s Congressional delegation, elections, food, and breaking news.
- Took professional photos and videos while reporting, which were picked up in state and national publications.
- Traveled around Michigan and helped organize a series searching for the best pizza, doughnuts and craft breweries, resulting in statewide interest in winners.
POLITICAL REPORTER, MLive Media Group, Kalamazoo, Mich. — Feb. 2012 thru March 2013.
- Contributed to producing election coverage for Michigan’s 6th Congressional District and Kalamazoo County.
- Wrote analysis of local politics and elections in Southwest Michigan.
- Broke political news picked up by national publications.
- Provided breaking news across different mediums.
MULTIMEDIA REPORTER, Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, Mich. — Jan. 2010 thru Feb. 2012
- Took and edited photos, produced videos and wrote stories on breaking news as well as feature projects.
- Aggregated web articles from different media sources that were relevant to the local audience.
- Added web-only content for other reporters’ stories.
- Managed the website early in the morning, delivering content during peak viewing periods.
- Able to multitask providing both written and visual content for social media on a regular and consistent basis.
- Writes well and accurately under deadline.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies and programs to implement in projects.
- Shoots and produces photos and video, remotely and in real time, but also long-term projects.
- Comes up with new ways of telling stories and conveying information.
- Manages several social media accounts, including tailoring content for pages, scheduling posts and interacting with readers.
- Proficient in data analysis and creating searchable databases with public records.
- Knowledgeable of web-based content providers and social networking mediums.
- Can find, edit and manipulate large amounts of data for presentation.
- Competent in:
- Social media management
- Final Cut Pro
- Microsoft Excel
Wade H. McCree Jr. Award for the Advancement of Justice from the State Bar of Michigan for a series analyzing the decline in the number of police officers and how it effects crime.
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Majors: Latin, History
- Minor: Creative Writing
- Recipient of:
- Elizabeth Giedman Award in Classics, April 2009
- Dean’s Scholarship, 2006-2010
- Kalamazoo Scholars Recognition Award, 2006-2010
COLLEGE ACTIVITIES AND INTERNSHIPS
- Intern, Kalamazoo Gazette
- Intern, Jackson Citizen Patriot
- News editor, Western Herald
- Radio host, WIDR